Terms and Conditions for Investors
- The GI Challenge (herein referred to as “GI Challenge”) is an event operated by the charitable organisation known as Generation Innovation Ltd and is designed to combat youth unemployment by supporting young entrepreneurs. Participants who are accepted into the GI Challenge are herein referred to as “Entrepreneurs” and the businesses concepts the Entrepreneurs seek to establish through the GI Challenge are herein referred to as “Ventures”.
- The GI Challenge is funded by donations directed to the Ventures developed throughout the GI Challenge.
- Any person or entity (herein referred to as “Investor”), that makes a donation to Generation Innovation (herein referred to as “the Donation”) for the purpose of supporting the ventures arising in the GI Challenge, agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein.
Unless indicated otherwise, defined terms used in this Operative have the meaning set out in the Recital.
- 1.1 Donations can be made by Investors either online through Generation Innovation’s website or in person at official GI Challenge events by way of EFTPOS. Donations are to be made in Australian Dollars only.
- 1.2 If requested, Generation Innovation will provide the Investor with a formal receipt for the Donation.
- 1.3 Unless otherwise stated, Donations are not tax-deductible.
- 1.4 Generation Innovation will direct the Donations to approved Entrepreneurs to apply toward establishing their Ventures at Generation Innovation’s absolute discretion but within its stated charitable objectives.
- 1.5 Donations do not entitle the Investor to a share in the ownership of the Ventures, dividends of the Ventures, profits of the Ventures or any other such claim against the Entrepreneurs.
- 1.6 Generation Innovation does not guarantee that it will be possible for Investors to donate funds to any particular Venture and may exercise its absolute discretion in allocating donated funds without giving any reasons to the Investor.
- 1.7 All monies raised by Generation Innovation through GI Challenge Donations, remain the absolute property of Generation Innovation and not refundable to the Investor for any reason whatsoever. Whilst Generation Innovation intends to direct any funds raised which are surplus to the requirements for distribution to Ventures arising in the GI Challenge toward Ventures arising in future years, it is not bound to do this and can exercise its discretion in determining how these monies are to be utilised.
2. Refund and Cancellation
- 2.1 Once a donation is completed, the transaction is deemed final, indisputable and non-refundable in any event.
3. No Liability for Losses
- 3.1 Generation Innovation will not be responsible for any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or expenditure) suffered by the Investor or any other indirect or consequential loss suffered by the Investor relating to the Donation and/or the Venture.
- 4.1 Generation Innovation reserves the right to make changes to its website, policies and these terms and conditions at any time. The Investor will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that the Investor makes the Donation.
- 4.2 If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
- 4.3 These Terms and Conditions are governed by Queensland law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Queensland courts.
- 5.2 Collection of Information - In order to use the Generation Innovation website, we may require information from you in order to provide the best service possible. All correspondence may also be collected and stored, particularly in regard to sales, support and accounts, including Email. Any information collected by Generation Innovation is collected via correspondence from you or your company. This may be via the telephone, Email, mail, fax or directly through our website.
- 5.3 Use of Collection Information - Any details collected from Generation Innovation customers is required in order to provide you with our products and/or services, and a high level of customer service. Correspondence is recorded in order to provide service references, and to assist in our staff development.
- 5.4 Storage of Collected Information - The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can email us at [email protected].
- 5.5 Access to Collected Information - If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing us at [email protected].
- 5.6 Orders - If you purchase a product or service from us, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. You may be required to provide contact information (such as name, Email, and postal address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
- 5.7 Communications - Generation Innovation uses personally identifiable information for essential communications, such as Emails, accounts information, and critical service details. We may also use this information for other purposes, including some promotional Emails. If at any time a customer wishes not to receive such correspondence, they can request to be removed from any mailing lists by emailing us at [email protected]. You will be notified when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
- 5.8 Third Parties - Generation Innovation may at its discretion use other third parties to provide essential services on our site or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose. Generation Innovation does not share any information with third parties for any unknown or unrelated uses.
- 5.9 Legal - We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
- 5.10 Links - Links on the Generation Innovation site to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of www.generationinnovation.com.au.
6. Security Policy
- 6.1 Generation Innovation uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments. It is acknowledged that:
- (i) Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- (ii) Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Generation Innovation or any outside party.
- (iii) All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- (iv) All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- (v) eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- (vi) eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Generation Innovation.